‘WELFARE OF YOUNG LAWYERS MY TOP PRIORITY,’ SAYS GADZAMA
“THE WELFARE OF YOUNG LAWYERS IS OF PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE TO ME” JOE-KYARI GADZAMA SAN DECLARES IN HIS MANIFESTO VYING FOR THE OFFICE OF THE NBA PRESIDENT
On Friday, June 17, 2022, the Electoral Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association (ECNBA) unveiled the manifesto of Joe-Kyari Gadzama, SAN who is contesting for the office of the NBA President in the forthcoming elections.
The Foundation of the Learned Silk’s manifesto is continuity and innovation. It encapsulates the eminent silk’s vision to take the Nigerian Bar Association to the next level. A level of greatness, effectiveness, transparency and accountability. Some of the Learned Silk’s intentions for the bar as contained in his manifesto are:
1. Improving young lawyers’ remuneration;
2. Inclusion of the Chairman of the Young Lawyers Forum as a NEC Member;
3. Mentorship for Young Lawyers;
4. Improving Lawyers’ Entitlements by Paying Practising Fees;
5. Stopping the Infiltration of the Legal Profession by Non-Lawyers;
6. Ensuring the Security of Lawyers;
7. Improving Lawyers’ Access to Finance;
8. Inclusion of Corporate/ In House Counsel in Affairs of the NBA;
9. Creating an education fund for lawyers;
10. Improving the Welfare of Law Teachers;
11. Improving the Welfare of Law Officers;
12. Ensuring Speedy Dispensation of Justice;
13. Promoting a Tech-Savvy Judiciary;
14. Protecting the Interest of Lawyers with Special Needs;
15. Sexual and Gender-Based Violence/ Promotion of Gender Balance;
16. Ensuring Electoral Reforms; and
17. Promotion of Public Interest Litigation.
Indeed, it is evident that the Learned Silk’s administration will lead to an all-inclusive bar wherein the legal profession and its members will thrive.
For more information please visit https://gadzama.com/
To join our Telegram platform, please click here
COPYRIGHT 2022 CITY LAWYER. Please send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. Join us on Facebook at https://web.facebook.com/City-Lawyer-Magazine-434937936684320 and on TWITTER at https://twitter.com/CityLawyerMag. To ADVERTISE in CITY LAWYER, please email email@example.com or call 08138380083. All materials available on this Website are protected by copyright, trade mark and other proprietary and intellectual property laws. You may not use any of our intellectual property rights without our express written consent or attribution to www.citylawyermag.com. However, you are permitted to print or save to your individual PC, tablet or storage extracts from this Website for your own personal non-commercial use.