Consummate Bar-man and former Welfare Secretary of Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Unity Bar, Abuja Branch, Mr. Abdussalam Mohammed Saleh has been appointed Chairman of NBA Garki Branch “Committee on Publicity and Media.”
According to an appointment letter signed by Messrs Obioma Ezenwobodo and Olatunji Atoyebi, the Branch Chairman and Secretary respectively, Saleh, who was a member of NBA Ungogo Branch Human Rights Committee, will spearhead the 6-member committee with the mandate to rejig the publicity machinery of the branch.
“We are glad to inform you that you have been appointed to serve as the Chairman of the Branch’s Committee on Media and Publicity,” the letter stated. “We are confident our Branch will gain from your wealth of experience as you and your Committee will project the Branch, give it good visibility with good publicity via social media and any other relevant means.”
Other members of the committee are Mr. Emmanuel Ekwe (Vice Chairman) and Lydia Izan who doubles as incumbent Branch Publicity Secretary and Committee Secretary. Also appointed as members of the committee are Messrs Uchenna Ejimofor, Manny Ikpebe and Uchenna Ibe.
The committee’s expansive Terms of Reference include the following: To
- Support, collaborate and assist the Executive Committee in achieving its objectives.
- Interface with government and non-governmental agencies dealing with sector and other related matters.
- Bring members of the Branch up to speed with happenings in the sector.
- Organize programmes, seminars and lectures relating to publicizing the Branch activities.
- Present the Branch in a good image and make publications towards laundering the image of the Branch.
- Conduct surveys and studies with a view to advising the concerned agencies on the best policies forward.
- Participate actively in advocacy, policy and legislative processes geared towards improving the sector.
- Be self-funding and may be assisted by the Branch when necessary.
- Shall transact with the Branch Bank Accounts in all its financial dealings and remit all money it realized to the Branch Account immediately.
- Present its budget or proposal for its event to the Chairman for approval by the Executive Committee and the approval shall take cognizance of the money the committee realized or generated for the said event.
- Carry out all its correspondence through the Branch letter headed paper supplied by the Branch and approved by the Branch Chairman.
- Obtain the approval of the Branch Chairman before entering into any agreements or memorandums of understanding with any government or private agency.
To join our Telegram platform, please click here
COPYRIGHT 2022 CITY LAWYER. Please send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. Join us on Facebook at https://web.facebook.com/City-Lawyer-Magazine-434937936684320 and on TWITTER at https://twitter.com/CityLawyerMag. To ADVERTISE in CITY LAWYER, please email email@example.com or call 08138380083.
All materials available on this Website are protected by copyright, trade mark and other proprietary and intellectual property laws. You may not use any of our intellectual property rights without our express written consent or attribution to www.citylawyermag.com. However, you are permitted to print or save to your individual PC, tablet or storage extracts from this Website for your own personal non-commercial use.